CanadaOne Twitter CanadaOne Linkedin CanadaOne Facebook CanadaONe RSS

Ask an Expert

Can the name of numbered company be changed in Ontario?

Expert: Michael Fromstein

Jason asked:

In Ontario can I change the name of numbered company?

Michael Fromstein answered:

You can change the name of any corporation, numbered or named, by filing Articles of Amendment, either by using a lawyer or by doing it online yourself by clicking on: and going to Articles of Amendment under Corporate filings. You will have to do a name search (NUANS), which you can also do online.

About the author

Michael Fromstein is a tax specialist with Integrated Professional Specialist Services.

Click here to go back to Ask-an-Expert index page.