CanadaOne Twitter CanadaOne Linkedin CanadaOne Facebook CanadaONe RSS

Ask The Expert

I work as a consultant with a contract, do I have to include taxes in my billing?

By Jimmy (Dimitrios) Menegakis |

Jean asked:

I work as a consultant for the CSST, with a contract, do I have to include the GST an QST in my billing?

Jimmy (Dimitrios) Menegakis answered:

You must register and charge GST and QST if you are a small supplier of goods and services with total worldwide taxable supplies (including sales, rentals, leases, exchanges, transfers, barter transactions, etc.) that exceed $30,000 in a given calendar quarter or in the four calendar quarters that precede the given calendar quarter.

For more information please click on this link:



Click here to go back to Ask-an-Expert index page.

Canadian, Eh!

For over 15 years CanadaOne has helped Canadian businesses start-up and grow. All of the content on our site is created to help busineses get Canadian answers!

Featured Member

MemberZone. Get in the zone! Join Today!

CanadaOne Recommends

Bullies in the Boardroom: Covering the Legal Bases

Should I Start My Own Company?

Conversations with Entrepreneurs: Billy Blanks

Avoiding Legal Perils: Critical Insights into Canadian Franchise Law

Starting a Business: Choosing a Year-End