ON: ventureLab Regional Innovation Centre launches in York Region
By CO Staff @canadaone | April 27, 2011
ON -- A Regional Innovation Centre, ventureLab, has launched in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Serving companies in York Region, the centre will offer free services to qualified small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and hopes to become the go-to point for entrepreneurs looking to build world-class businesses.
Located in Markham, Ontario at the Markham Convergence Centre, the centre will have a particular focus on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and Life Sciences.
Programs and services to be offered include:
- educational programs;
- industry events and networking opportunities for SMEs;
- market research and competitive intelligence;
- guidance with intellectual property and market strategy;
- assistance with funding;
- investment and financing pitches;
- introduction to investors;
- access to government resources and programs;
- academic research collaborations;
- sales direction and coaching, and
- support for market launches and exporting.
Currently the centre is running a number of Money Chase Pitch+ workshops with several events each week.
ventureLab is a member of the Ontario Network of Excellence (ONE), a collaborative network of organizations across Ontario designed to help companies bring new ideas to the marketplace, while fostering global excellence in innovation
Learn more about ventureLab at www.venturelab.ca
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit CanadaOne's article knowledge base for more informative articles.