FuEL Awards aim to reward youth entrepreneurship: apply or nominate today!
By CO Staff @canadaone | June 28, 2011
The best and brightest young entrepreneurs in Canada have a chance to shine.
The FuEL Awards, presented by TD and PROFIT Magazine, have started accepting applications and nominations which can be submitted up until the July 15th deadline.
The awards aim to honour the achievements and successes of Canadian entrepreneurs under the age of 30, reward role models for progressive business practices and encourage and inspire entrepreneurial spirit within youth.
"I've met plenty of young Canadians who are passionate about a business idea, technology or service; they are resourceful and ambitious and are exactly the type of people we want building small - and eventually, bigger - businesses in this country," says Alec Morley, Head of Small Business Banking, TD Canada Trust.
"I hope the FuEL Awards will help drive the conversation and inspire future young entrepreneurs."
Up for grabs
The contest will select 20 applicants who will be deemed Canada's Future Entrepreneurial Leaders and will receive:
- a national accolade that can promote the business or individual;
- profile on the FuEL Awards website and the December 2011 issue of PROFIT Magazine;
- a one-day business consultation with professionals from KPMG Enterprise;
- chance to be named FuEL Entrepreneur of the Year; and
- chance to attend QuantumShift, an exclusive leadership development program at Ivey School of Business.
Once the submission period closes on July 15th, people have the opportunity to vote for their favourite candidates. Morley also encourages supporters of young entrepreneurship to share their thoughts by tweeting, blogging and talking about the awards.
Entrants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- product and service innovation;
- community building and social responsibility;
- job creation and employment practices;
- commercial results/potential; and
- total votes.
To apply or nominate someone, visit the FuEL Awards website. A video for the FuEL Awards is also available on the FuEL Awards Facebook page.
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit CanadaOne's article knowledge base for more informative articles.