Wanted: extraordinary Canadian business women
By CO Staff @canadaone | May 30, 2011
The Canadian business world will be recognizing the entrepreneurial successes of women in Canada.
Two award events, the RBC 2011 Canadian Women Entrepreneurs Awards and the PROFIT W100, are now accepting applications and nominations for outstanding Canadian female entrepreneurs.
Both events are searching for the best of 821,000 self-employed women in Canada, who are collectively contributing over $18 billion dollars to the Canadian economy.
RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneurs Awards
The 2011 RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneurs Awards, to be held on November 28, will present awards in six categories, covering a broad range of honours.
"Do you know someone extraordinary?" reads the awards website. This is a perfect chance to help them get the recognition they deserve: the event is calling on people to nominate outstanding female entrepreneurs for an award in one of the six categories:
- Deloitte Start-Up Award: The recipient of this award is ready for second stage growth, having three to five years since start up and a comprehensive business plan
- HKMB Hub Impact Award: The recipient has contributed to her local economy by encouraging the development of local citizens and creating jobs through developing her business
- RBC Momentum Award: This recipient's company has had a growth rate of 10 per cent or more for three consecutive years
- TPH Sustainability Award: This recipient has implemented sustainable initiatives to reduce the company's carbon footprint and has shown dedication to the Green movement in Canada
- Bell Trailblazer Award: This recipient is a visionary leader who has created the standards for originality and trend-setting in a new market, product, service, or technological advancement
- PROFIT Award for Excellence in Entrepreneurship: This recipient is a role model for entrepreneurs who has generated catalysts for social change and economic growth through innovation, strategic thinking, and smart execution.
How to Nominate or Apply
The awards allow people to either nominate an entrepreneur of their choice or to apply themselves.
The nomination deadline is June 16th, 2011. Nominations can be submitted in two ways:
- Online at www.theawards.ca
- Downloaded, completed and mailed to the return address on the form (download at http://www.theawards.ca/)
The application deadline is August 8th, 2011. The process for applying is similar to nominating, with both forms available on the website.
2011 marks the 13th year of the PROFIT W100, a ranking and awards program that celebrates the entrepreneurial achievements of women in Canada.
The competition ranks the top 100 Canadian female entrepreneurs, based on considerations of the size, rate of growth and profitability of the companies they own and manage.
Like the RBC awards, there is the option of nominating someone or applying yourself. The deadline is June 30th, 2011, and the forms are available online at the PROFIT W100 website.
The PROFIT W100 website provides a list of the benefits that come with being selected:
- Coverage in the November issue of PROFIT;
- Marketing and PR support from PROFIT; and
- Invite to the PROFIT W100 Idea Exchange, a conference geared to helping you strengthen your company and management skills in collaboration with other female entrepreneurs.
For more information on the event and application process, visit PROFIT W100 event website.
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit CanadaOne's article knowledge base for more informative articles.