Seven Tips to Help Mompreneurs Juggling Business, Parenthood and Entrepreneurship
By CO Staff @canadaone | February 15, 2013
Seven successful Mompreneurs share top tips for staying on top of your business, family and personal life.
There's an old adage that if you want something done, ask a busy woman. And really, who's busier than a mom these days?
But juggling motherhood and a business, that's a whole other story! Yet, many Canadian women seem to be doing just that. The emerging "mompreneur" movement is growing, and it's growing stronger every day.
This year will be a first for many mompreneurs across the country as they vie for the title of 2013 Mompreneur of the Year.
Whatever your background, business or base, these women are making it happen in ways most dare not try. And leading the charge this year will be a group of diverse women who will be speaking and presenting at the annual Mompreneur Conference and Awards Gala.
CanadaOne asked these successful ladies to share their top tips and some vital business advice to help other mompreneurs manage the juggling act, and succeed. Here are their top seven tips.
- There Are No Mistakes, Only Choices. "Take a Management Position in your life. When you take creative control and full responsibility for all your choices, you connect to the power of the present moment. The present is the birthplace of creativity and abundance. When you make space to be more present- LIFE bursts through even the smallest pinhole like a thousand watt bulb." Nicola Jones, Prescription4Peace
- Nobody's Perfect. "We're all balancing as best we can and trying not to drop the balls. But my message is the balls WILL drop. Acknowledging this has been the most liberating realization I've ever had." Tracy Moore, Host, CityLine
- Have a Strong Foundation. "Imagine your relationship with your spouse as part of what makes the foundation of your business. There is a need to maintain it, repair it and ensure it is there to support us and the business that we run." Laura Pasqualino, Connect Cognitive Therapy
- Explore Your Opportunities. "I think now more than ever is a crucial time for women to take the risk and explore the opportunities available to them as entrepreneurs. The buying power in Canada belongs to a predominantly female demographic, so why wouldn't we want to connect directly with those consumers as women ourselves?" Maria Locker, CEO, Mompreneur Showcase Group Inc.
- Be Passionate! "Make sure to periodically revisit the motivators behind why you do what you do. If your business doesn't align with your passion, you will be expending energy trying to swim upstream instead of going with the flow." Patricia Tomasi, Author, Kick Ass Dreams
- Schedule for success! "As entrepreneurs and mothers it's easy to get caught up in the day-to-day demands of life and business. Mompreneurs need a strategic approach to not just their businesses but also their whole lives. Schedule everything: meetings, phone calls, kids' appointments and activities, social engagements and personal maintenance. That which gets written down gets done!" Amy Ballon & Danielle Botterell - Authors of MOM INC
- Know your Message. "You need to know the unique value that you bring - your value proposition. You need to know how to brand it, say it and present it. Be consistent, Be Confident and know that there are people out there who will resonate with your message, and are looking to connect with you." Rania Walker, R.W. SPEAKBoutique
Great advice. These savvy women, along with many others, will share more of their wisdom at the Annual Mompreneur Conference & Awards Gala on March 2, 2013.
The event will close with a gala where one lucky Canadian Mompreneur will be crowned "Mompreneur Of The Year" and receive a prize package worth over $30,000. You can find a complete list of speakers and presentation topics, as well as register for the event, at mompreneursconference.com.
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit CanadaOne's article knowledge base for more informative articles.