New federal grants available for language businesses
By Michelle Collins | November 25, 2003
The program, which is offered through Industry Canada, will help companies market their promote their businesses both at home and abroad. A total of $2 million in funding will be made available over the next five years.
Eligible applicants must submit an RFP by December 31, 2003 to be considered for the first round. Three additional funding rounds will be offered next year.
To qualify you must:
- operate a sole proprietorship, partnership, or incorporated company
- be based in Canada
- provide language services such as writing, or translation
Eligible costs include:
- transportation, accommodation, and registration costs to attend trade shows
- renting space at a business event and organizing meetings with potential customers
- administration costs such as photocopying
- writing, printing, and translating promotional products if resources are not available within the business.
More details are available on the Strategis website at http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/internet/inlip-pil.nsf/vwGeneratedInterE/Home.
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit CanadaOne's article knowledge base for more informative articles.