Small Businesses Have the Chance to Win Big this Fall
By Shajitha Rajavickneswaran | November 7, 2016
Fall is always a busy time for business.
This year, in addition to the usual workshops and networking sessions, businesses have the chance to enter several contests with prizes up to $25,000 in cash.
Here is a quick look at two contests that are open until mid-November.
Pitch for the Purse
Are you a woman entrepreneur running a business in Canada? Do you own at least 50% of your company? If so, you may want to craft a pitch that could potentially win you a $25,000 cash prize.
The contest is being run by Forum for Women Entrepreneurs (FWE). It’s designed to address a problem that many women face today. How do you deliver a compelling pitch to gain your company funding?
The winning pitch should describe how the funds will be spent and what the vision of growth is for the company.
The process takes place in three steps:
- Fill in an online application
- Craft and submit a video presentation of your 30-second Elevator Pitch
- Attend the Educational Training call on November 9, 2016, or listen to the recorded call
Following the Application
- Ten Semi-Finalists will be chosen
- Candidates will receiving mentoring prior to a 5-min live pitch
- The judges will determine the three Finalists
- Candidates will be mentored by a judge before they film their final pitch
- Filmed presentations will be played at The Odlum Brown FWE Gala
Two celebrity judges will question each finalist, and the audience will then vote for the winner of the $25,000.
Contest is open until Midnight PST on November 10th, 2016
$5000 Life-Fulfilling Ventures Competition
Canadian entrepreneurs and small business owners have a chance to win one of three grand prizes worth $7,500, including a $5,000 cash prize.
The balance includes web development services along with advice and tips from GoDaddy professionals.
The contest is run to give entrepreneurs a chance to build life-fulfilling businesses.
The application process is simple:
- Submit a nomination of 250 words to on who deserves the prize and why
Judging will be done by GoDaddy execs and well-known entrepreneur Amber Mac.
According to terms and conditions, GoDaddy notes that winners will be chosen by:
- Most important(50%): Your entry should “surprise and delight the judges”
- Next important(30%): “Tell a compelling story”
- Finally(20%): Be “well written or emotionally moving”
Contest is open until 11:59 pm on November 16th, 2016.
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit CanadaOne's article knowledge base for more informative articles.